Tuesday 11 December 2007

A Good day

Well it was better than yesterday and started with an xmas play so can't be that bad really!

Plus my copy of the Mandrake arrived, Sabre arrived saturday so only need Crab now. Was very happy as Mandrake is in immaculate condition and as a bonus came with a good jacket when I wasn't expecting one! Lionel Edwards illustrations are just stunning...I am deeply jealous of anyone who can draw...I struggle with stick people.....his horses could just stroll out of the page and he also draws people well too as some authors seem to do one or the other.
Then i have just found a reasonably priced copy of Unforgettable Fifth at Trebizon to top it off. But have been here before and last time it had sold but have seen another reasonably priced copy and there is one on ebay tomorrow too so hopefully one of them will have my name on it! Getting a bit worried actually as although buying pony books, it's the non ponies I am reading. Currently doing Bogwoppit before it moves to a new home. I might try her pony books next as had forgotten what a good story teller she is. Ah but which one.....?

2 comments:

Jane Badger said...

Do you know, I think I have Mandrake somewhere.... Your copy looks lovely. How about No Ponies for Miss Pobjoy for your UMW? It's mad.

haffyfan said...

Thanks Jane..I started it last night...it's certainly mad! But unforgettable Fifth At Trebizon has arrived today so it may have to go on hold a few days.