Monday 17 December 2007

School days heaven????


No Ponies For Miss Pobjoy


This was recommend by Jane Badger, as 'it's mad'. And mad it is!


However, Canterdown sounds like my sort of school. The most important lesson of the day being...why ponies of course....that is until Miss Pobjoy (The killjoy, the hobbledehoy, Miss Mighty Academic Pobjoy) takes over the reins. A fast car, rather than horse fanatic, she delivers the ultimate blow, that is to be the last term the girls may bring their ponies to Canterdown and banishes Bella the donkey from the ponies fields. Being reasonable human beings, and somewhat obsessed with equines, the girls decide something must be done about it and rebel with quite hilarious (and totally off the wall bonkers) results. Ponies in the dormitories are only the start!


However there is a twist in the tale and in true pony book fashion there is a happy ending all round. I think 'it's mad' is probably the only way to describe this somewhat unique school/pony story.......seeing as it came from an author who created the wonderful Bogwoppits it's hardly surprising!


Now why aren't all schools like Canterdown?

2 comments:

Jane Badger said...

If only my school had been like Canterdown.... though I can't see the ultra formidable Miss Latin Jones from my schooldays taking at all to ponies. She was so petrifying, she'd have convinced even the most devilish Shetland to have behaved.

haffyfan said...

I think we all had one of those. I did....can't name names... we work in the same school now...... I'm still petrified of her!