Wednesday 7 November 2007

Expensive Pony Books


Having just spotted a book I sold a few months back up for sale again at over £100, it got me thinking...do people really buy these three figure sum books? You may have guessed but yes it is Silver Snaffles and I was happy with the price I got (more than double what i paid) but it got me thinking. I must admit I have been quite lucky regarding my collection...the most I have paid for a book to date is £35 and I have bagged a few bargains along the way including both the copy of SS i sold and a first ed for less than £30 for both and Brumby Racer for about £7 to name but two. The fact I love ferreting around in old book shops helps I think...the messier, darker, bigger the health risk the better in my opinion...I hate the neat, orderly and light ones (all the spines sunned and no gems to happen upon under a pile of boxes!). But this leads me to my biggest regret.......having bagged Brumby Racer I decided to Put it on Amazon and it sold....I know that's the point of putting it on but i never expected anyone to stump up the cash....now how will I ever get hold of it again at a reasonable price?



Saying all that if anyone has copies of Mystery On The Moor by JPT or Caroline Canters Home by Caroline Akrill I may be prepared to up my price for most expensive book I have bought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I feel guilty spending £10, I guess some people are stinking rich or more money than sense? Just because they are listed at silly prices does not mean they sell though.

haffyfan said...

Good point but I have just looked and it's sold already....def more money than sense I would say (then again maybe I'm jealous).