Saturday 24 November 2007

How many rugs do two horses need?

I am just pondering the above having realised in the last 5 days my two boys have worn between them no less than 7 different turnout rugs (British weather has a lot to answer for). While pondering this thought I am also still debating whether Harry needs a super heavy rug or not to add to his warbrobe? They are so much better dressed than I am but the scary thing is I think the 7 rugs they have worn this week is only the beginning as there are at least four other turnouts in shed, an under combo, about half a dozen (ish) or so fleeces, coolers etc and 4 exercise sheets. Even more scarey I sold all the stable rugs a couple of years back and several exercise sheets recently or the amount would have been even greater. I do hope OH dosen't read this as fortunatly he does not appear to notice the rugs the boys are wearing change colour daily!

So back to one of life's great questions how many rugs do 2 horses need?