Wednesday 19 September 2007

Can Anyone Help?

This is more of a plea than a post but can anyone help me. I was just chatting with my mum earlier and she reminded me of a book I loved as a young child. It was called Penny and Sue (i think), at least these were the characters. It was a green board picture book for younger readers. Penny's favourite pony was a skewbald called Pickle but one day she arrives at the stables and Sue is (shock, horror) grooming him. She tells Sue she 'Can't use those brushes or groom Pickle because she always does', to which Sue responds that she is riding him that lesson. Penny is relegated to boring old ? (Henry?) 'who's as big as a house, I'll never be able to mount him'.
Of course Penny wishes Pickle to be badly behaved and in true form Sue is deposited at a jump and breaks her arm. Penny haunted by remorse decides they can be friends and they agree to share Pickle. Happily ever after.
If anyone has any idea of Author and title, if it's not Penny and Sue, or knows of a copy please please contact me. Cheers



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This rings a bell but sorry no idea who wrote them or the title. Were the pics a mixture of colour and black and white? If it's the one I'm thinking of I seem to remember colouring them in!

haffyfan said...

That's the one! I coloured the pics in too. Oops very naughty.

I had a this response via web site and am eagerly awaiting a copy.

cj'sfoxylady (unverified): The author of the book is Viveka Ramstedt, incidently the one you mention is a sequel to Penny and Pickle. There are copies of both available on Amazon.